9/1/10

Beyond Thought

Luke 6:37-38
“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back."


Giving. Doesn't it always seem like we are talking physical gift? Whether Christmas, birthday, anniversary etc... isn't giving usually looked at as physical gifts?
Those gifts are amazing, and usually from an amazing soul that is already a gift from Jesus--whether you spouse, kiddo, brother, sister, parents etc... to me, they sure are gifts as well.
My big brother and I have formed a bond, a relationship-an extreme gift to me this past year. One that I will cherish forever. One that is better than any wrapped gift-as for it is all from the hearts. Mine was never perfect, but was sure patient in waiting to hear from my heart-filled brother one day. One that set money aside, acknowledging that money can be productive, but nothing can be like the heart of a loved one.
And that is what he has done in just ounces of time. May not have all of what he had in the beginning of his spiral-may not add up as much expensive "needed" items. Or over time just tons of stuff of expense, that just don't mean anything in the heart. When the heart isn't reacting-there is more to be searched for. Praying to God He guides you how to fill it with something correct of the heart.
Even if you have tried another persons heart-try it again, but with one of deep love you haven't allowed yourself to recognize. 
My brother and I have so much love for each other-he was just unaware for a while there. I always loved him beyond happy book love. I truly put my whole self out there-defending all he was going thru, put me thru, others thru. He was needing more heart patience from someone-or he'd give up on his. And for months I was there, patient, and full of love and history. He just needed to make a change. Choose to.
He chose to when we moved to Philly. He saw my suffering with my illness-and my Why God's coming out. He didn't like that about me. He knew how I knew all about Jesus, and was one to share. Time before, yes, he thought that was weird... but watching my illness get worse as my love faded for Christ-all he could do was begin praying. And talking a ton to me about Jesus. Finally, after a decade of my love for Christ there-he had to reset it for me too. This life isn't just about me--he'd tell me... thru the illness it was about helping others. Finding right help. Growing close as family--- and for him, staying off his amazing work until I am better, so I have him at home, helping.
God worked wonders thru my brother to restart my engine. Siblings like this keep you alive-just thru love and personality-but thru Christ at the beginning of a brilliant walk.

We are thrilled and blessed beyond measure. All I can say is Praise The Lord!

In His Love,

Heather  @AliveinMe  @Time4Christ

1 comment:

FlyingChristian said...

I am eternally thankful for all that Troy has done for you, for me and for our family. We are working through this as a family...we all have our responsibility..and if we stay focused we will survive.. as a family. God's plans are much bigger than our own. Thank you Troy for being my support while i am out and putting your life on hold. Thank you Heather for recognizing all of our effforts and for turning back to God. We tell you we need you. I pray you never forget that reality. Stay strong..never lose hope..you are loved...we are here for you. We will celebrate your recovery and all be closer to each other and to God because of it. Love you.